Saturday, November 22, 2014

Post 2: November 22 2014

I spoke to him last night. In the darkness of the room, I lay on the bed, my eyes staring numbly at the ceiling. Hours passed, and it was 2 in the morning when I finally heard the familiar male voice of his, the Shadow-King, as I'd come to call him. "Are you awake?" He asked me, and I nodded, forgetting to remind myself that he wasn't even real. He spoke to me, going on about something that I couldn't keep up with, my mind blank and numb. I remained staring at the ceiling.
"You could do it, you know," he whispered, almost as if he was saddened, "you can k**l them all if you wanted to."
"I know," I responded.
"Why don't you?"
"I can't," I sighed.
"You can," he persisted, and I felt as if he was in the room with me, watching, just in the shadows.
"I don't want to."
"What happened to you? I thought you wanted to go home," he sighed, and I remembered, remembered that horrible belief I held deep inside, that I'd never vocalized to anyone.
"Get out of my head," I muttered, my head feeling like it had a hive of bees inside of it.
I felt it, he was in my head, putting thoughts in, taking thoughts out, filtering, controlling. It's been planted. I had a microchip in my head. The battle is over, and I had lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment